Integrated Preclinical Capability
As part of the THD project, the Queensland Centre for Integrated Preclinical Drug Development and TetraQ (CIPDD/TetraQ), the Centre for Drug Candidate Optimisation (CDCO) and RDDT will expand their capabilities.
CIPDD/TetraQ is a fully integrated preclinical capability that provides high quality bioanalytical, pharmacokinetic, drug metabolism and preclinical toxicology drug development services conducted in a quality systems accredited environment at cost recovery prices to drug discovery researchers working in universities and research institutes in Australia.
CDCO is a unique not-for-profit venture based within Monash University's
Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences (MIPS) that provides collaborative
ADME lead candidate optimisation in support of emerging drug discovery
programs. Drug candidate optimisation fills a crucial gap between
discovery and development by integrating medicinal chemistry and biology
with the pharmaceutical sciences to provide a rational means of
identifying drug candidates suitable for progression into preclinical
and clinical development. This process has become an essential,
value-creating component of modern drug discovery.
RDDT (a vivopharm company) has developed Australia’s first GLP accredited immunotoxicology testing capability and offer a range of other toxicity testing, including genotoxicity and acute to chronic repeat dose studies. RDDT also offers integrated pre-clinical and clinical services including:
• In vitro services for drug development and screening
• GLP toxicology / immunotoxicology/ toxicokinetics in rodents (single and repeat dose)
• Efficacy evaluation in disease models established in rodents, including cancer, autoimmune/inflammatory and diabetes models. In vivo cancer models include more than 90 different xenograft, orthotopic and disseminated tumor models ‘in vivo’; Non-invasive imaging tumor models ‘in vivo’; ‘in vivo’ combination studies
• Bioanalytical method development, validation & sample analysis to support rodent and human pharmacokinetic studies. PK parameters determined using WinNonLin software
• GLP pathology services
• Full support services for IND submissions